dtorini

Cronic Bookaholic

I read any kind of books but lately I'm reading more and more of M/M.

Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek
Tea and Crumpet
Jay Rookwood, Lisa Worrall, Josephine Myles, Alex Beecroft

Plot Overload

Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) - J.R. Ward

First of all, I love The Black Dagger Brotherhood series. And I read, followed how close Qhuinn and Blaylock were during their pretrans, their friendship break-up, wondering whether these two would find their way to each other. And they did, finally!, with this book.

What I don't like is the way how they finally come together. Each has his own issues (if being a stubborn idiot could be called that), but after all the dodging over one another for the last couple of books, I don't really feel the chemistry that FINALLY drew them together in this book. So, congratulations on (sort of) the bonding of Qhuay, less happy about the road taking them there.

Also, this is a very busy book which, I assume, serving more as intro to further plots on BDB world (what's with the many characters' stories with still open issues at the end of the book) with Qhuinn and Blaylock (and Layla) thrown in to spice it up.

If you've read this series from the start, you know this happened once with Z; Bella gone missing on the #book2 and #book3 started with Z looking and finally found her. I'm guessing Ms. Ward going with the same route with Assail and Marisol. But with so many other characters and open issues in this book alone, I find it a bit exhausting. I don't know what to expect with The King after this...