dtorini

Cronic Bookaholic

I read any kind of books but lately I'm reading more and more of M/M.

Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek
Neil Gaiman
Tea and Crumpet
Jay Rookwood, Lisa Worrall, Josephine Myles, Alex Beecroft

The Holiday Hoax

The Holiday Hoax - Skylar M. Cates Another sweet holiday story.
Evan Goodman was about to head home for Hanukkah and Christmas, he saw fellow student JD Laurens got summarily abandoned by his only living family for coming out. Being recently dumped by his boyfriend, Evan invited JD to go home with him and pretending to be said boyfriend to his family.

We could almost expected the sort of havoc this kind of setup would bring. But thank gods, no drama! Yes, JD was a very bad imitation of Evan's ex they were total opposite! But he clicked wonderfully with sweet, awkward, not-a-little-insecure Evan. And he fit into Evan's not so perfect but loving family.

I love this one. Likeable characters, simple but sweet plot. Though sometimes the narration can be too elaborate--the story told from a 18 year old's perspective--the upside of that we could almost picture the kind of holiday they experienced. Living in a tropical country and never come across winter, this kind of holiday setting felt magical to me. And the food! I got fat just from the mention of all that food alone!
3 stars