dtorini

Cronic Bookaholic

I read any kind of books but lately I'm reading more and more of M/M.

Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek
Neverwhere
Neil Gaiman
Tea and Crumpet
Jay Rookwood, Lisa Worrall, Josephine Myles, Alex Beecroft

Melting Into You (Savor Book 1)

Melting Into You (Savor Book 1) - Cassandra Carr 1.75 Stars

Eh. This was a not bad yet not good kind of story; with rather bland characters. This book was part of “Give Me a Taste” series and I didn’t read any of the previous ones, which might or might not affect what I felt about this particular installment. (I got the wrong info, it's the pilot of "Savor" series apparently. Oh well. No change in rating though) But I read a couple others of Cassandra Carr’s books with more zeal than this one. The chemistry between Seth and Ben felt rather tepid to me. No idea where Ben’s insecurity coming from; there was a mention of an ex saying some lousy thing, but he seemed pretty “traumatized” by it.

Story with quite a lot of food mentioning usually captivated me but surprisingly the magic didn’t work this time. The plot on the business and city mission was decent if unmemorable. The dog, Zeke, had its own appeal, but not so much as to elevate my interest to the story. Added the WTF ending… Sorry, couldn’t say nice things for this book.

Note: ARC was kindly provided by Fated Desires Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.