dtorini

Cronic Bookaholic

I read any kind of books but lately I'm reading more and more of M/M.

Medium, Sweet, Extra Shot of Geek
Tea and Crumpet
Jay Rookwood, Lisa Worrall, Josephine Myles, Alex Beecroft

Wolf's Sacrifice

Wolf's Sacrifice - Draven St. James 3.5 stars

I would give this book a subtitle: "Wolf's Sacrifice: Romancing The Big Bad Beta".

As the second installment of Pack of Light series, this book was quite neat, way better than [b:Scent of a Wolf|18665089|Scent of a Wolf (Pack of Light #1)|Draven St. James|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1381637713s/18665089.jpg|26488399]. The story happened months after Alpha Merek and his pack broke into vile Eriksson's facility and rescued some captive-shifters of Pack of Light origin. The attraction between blind young wolf Liam and the big brooding Beta Sean was instant - Liam knew Sean to be his fated mate but kept quiet about it - though in place of nonstop rutting, a close friendship between them developed. Unlike in previous book, here the romance was there but building slowly. Pairing between a disabled character and a powerful one. A couple of plus points for me!

The "mystery" of horrible deeds the power-hungry Dimitri had done were also revealed more here. Not nearly much as I'd like to though. What I missed was also the rest of the rescuing process, it felt too rudimentary and superficial. Like, after all the worrying, problems solved just like that and everybody saved. I wish the author would develop further to make the plot more interesting. But then again, she probably saved more actions for next books.

Last but not least, this book wet my appetite for more story on Jacob/Cory and Declan/Shay. Hopefully they would feature much more later in the series.